Australian High Commission, Port Louis
Access to the High Commission during COVID
The Australian High Commission office in Port Louis (Rogers House) is open by appointment only, 08h30 to 15h30, Mondays to Fridays. Appointments can be made via email at [email protected].
The Australian Government provides 24-hour emergency consular assistance by calling +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas and 1300 555 135 from within Australia. Information for Australians overseas is available on www.smartraveller.gov.au.
The health and safety of Australians overseas is our highest priority.
If you have not already done so, please register your details with us to enable us to contact you should the need arise.
Click on this link to register with us: https://covid19.dfat.gov.au. Please note there is no need to register online if you have already registered with us by providing your details by email.
Stay up to date
We provide consular advice and services to Australians in Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles, Comoros and Reunion Island. We encourage you to monitor our social media platforms – Twitter and Facebook – as this is our main way to keep Australians informed, including about international flights.
You should also register for updates on Smartraveller, and can refer to the following for further information:
- Smartraveller information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Restrictions on travel to Australia
- Travel Declaration (for those with confirmed flights)
- Quarantine for incoming travellers
- Registration for stranded Australians
- Financial Assistance
- Contact the High Commission
- Further information from the Australian Government
- Australia’s Travel Advice for Mauritius
- Australia’s Travel Advice for Madagascar
- Australia’s Travel Advice for Seychelles
Stay informed - Country Information issued by local Governments
NB. Measures in country can change at short notice.
- Mauritius: Ministry of Health and Wellness , Government of Mauritius Portal , Be Safe Moris, Mauritius Police Force, Passport and Immigration Office, Airport Terminal Operations Ltd , Mauritius Tourism and Promotion Authority, Business Mauritius
- Seychelles: Department of Health, Department of Foreign Affairs, Seychelles International Airport, Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority, Immigration and Civil Status Seychelles, Seychelles Tourism Board
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the Australian border
From 9pm AEDT 20 March 2020, only Australian citizens, residents and immediate family members can travel to Australia.
There is no longer a Visa Office presence at the Australian High Commission in Port Louis.
Please refer to the following link for more information: https://mauritius.embassy.gov.au/plut/Visas_and_Migration.html
If you have not yet lodged an Australian Visa Application, you must contact the TLScontact for all pre-lodgement enquiries.
Telephone Number: +27 12 472 3800
Note: International call charges may apply if calling from overseas. There is an option to leave contact details and request a return call. The call centre is closed on South African public holidays.
After you have lodged your application you can contact Australia\'s Department of Home Affairs using its Immigration Enquiry Form. You will not receive a response if seeking to follow-up on an application that is currently within global visa and citizenship processing times.
For more information on visas please visit: Visa and Migration
Australian High Commission promotes integrity and ethical capacity of Prison Officers within the Republic of Mauritius
See more highlights
Ducere African Children's Stories - Slam Poetry - Special Edition
Discover Robert Malherbe's Motherland Art Exhibition
Australian Alumni in Mauritius : Building a better future together !