Visas for Mauritius
The following information has been provided by the Passport & Immigration office in Port Louis.
Visa requirements for Australian passport holders wishing to enter Mauritius for tourism purposes:
- You must be in possession of a valid travel document,
- You must be able to show proof of adequate funds to meet the cost of your stay,
- You must hold a valid onward or return passage ticket,
- You must be eligible to re-enter your country of origin/residence or, in the case of onward travellers, you have a visa for you next port of call,
- You must not engage in any employment or gainful business,
- If you are visiting family or friends in Mauritius, you must be able to provide their name, address and telephone number,
- If you are staying at a hotel, you must provide the name of the hotel and confirmation of your hotel booking.
The duration of stay granted upon arrival is subject to the period mentioned on your air ticket or according to your funds. Sometimes you may be granted up to three months stay on arrival. Extensions may be applied for after arrival by contacting the Passport & Immigration Office.The maximum stay in one calender year is six months.
Visas for Madagascar
Visas are required for Australians wishing to travel to Madagascar. It is recommended that a visa be obtained before arrival if Madagascar has a diplomatic mission in your country of residence. If this is not the case, a visa may be granted on arrival for a fee.
Further information on visa requirements for Madagascar may be obtained from the Consulate General for Madagascar in Sydney.
Visas for Seychelles
No visa is required for Australian passport holders wishing to travel to the Republic of Seychelles. A visitor's permit is issued upon arrival provided that the visitor is in possession of the following:
- Valid travel document
- Valid return/onward airline ticket
- Confirmed accommodation in Seychelles
- Sufficient funds to maintain oneself during stay
The above information was provided by the Ministry of foreign Affairs of the Republic of Seychelles. For further information, please contact:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
PO Box 656
Ph: (248) 283 500
Fax: (248) 224 845
Visas for Comoros
Australians travelling to the Comoros Islands will be issued with a visa on arrival. For further information, please contact:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Co-operation & Foreign Trade
BP 428 Moroni
ph: (269) 74 41 15
Visas for Reunion
The same visa regulations that apply to Australians travelling to France also apply for travel to Reunion. Australians do not need a visa for stays of up to 90 days.For further information, please contact:
Embassy of France
6 Perth Avenue
Yarralumla ACT 2600
Ph: (02) 6261 0100
Fax:(02) 6261 0127
Visa regulations are subject to change. Please contact your nearest Embassy or High Commission for the lastest visa information.